Senior Digital Hardware Engineer Chandler, AZ Posted: 4/21/2021
A Senior Digital Hardware Engineer role located in Chandler, AZ is currently available through Belcan. The Senior Digital Hardware Engineer product design and manufacturing technologies and families include but are not limited to:
Up/Down Converters Hybrid Microelectronics
Switch Filter/Amplifier Assemblies Surface Mount Technologies
Sources & Synthesizers Integrated Multichip Modules & Assemblies
Transceivers Monolithic/Hybrid/Discrete Components
Receiver Exciters Analog/Digital Control Electronics
The Engineer's role involves full life-cycle product development from system concept and requirements through design, production, and verification, working in integrated product teams spanning RF Design Engineering, Manufacturing, and Program Management.
Senior Digital Hardware Engineer duties:
* Hardware and firmware development and verification for PIC/microcontrollers and FPGAs
* Design, develop and test digital subsystems using CPLDs, FPGAs and or discrete logic
* Schematic capture and board layout using PADS
* Design complex multi-layer mixed signal digital control boards
* Use of basic test equipment for analysis and debugging of analog and digital circuits including
oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, and function-generators (familiarity with signal
synthesizers, spectrum analyzers and other RF equipment desired)
* Data bus I2C, SPI, RS422, RS232, UART
* Conversion of customer requirements to required hardware and firmware design
* Hands on resolution of technical problems during test and integration
* Generate and review technical product documentation, ICD"s and presentation documentation for
customer design reviews
* Work effectively with all functional groups to achieve product performance and cost targets.
* Build quality and manufacturability into the design. Define/understand/comply with company and
regulatory guidelines to assure a safe operating environment
* Understand, decompose, and define product and process requirements to support product
development, sustaining and R&D
* Generate and review product development documentation including proposals, technical reports,
procedures, correspondence, etc. necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements.
* Self-directed and motivated while working and communicating effectively within a team
environment that consists of RF design engineering, operations, quality, and business disciplines
* Design test equipment hardware and software, select and procure equipment necessary to
obtain desired results and accuracy, integrate and/or build automated test systems of low or
* Design, code and debug computer/data acquisition systems necessary for
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Education/Certification: BA or BS Degree in an engineering discipline. Masters or PhD preferred.
* Experience: min of 5-10 years of relevant work experience
* Experience programming using C in an embedded environment a plus
* Experience in PADS a plus
* Experience with Xilinx Spartan 7, Xilinx Zynq-7000, and LabVIEW a plus
* Experience with Automated test system design, and programming of data acquisition systems a
* LabVIEW, TestStand, or similar system-design platforms. SPICE, CADs, Schematic Design and
* Expertise in digital component design and analysis, modeling and simulation, layout and circuit
level design and test
* Product development experience with meeting customer schedules is needed
If you are interested in this Senior Digital Hardware Engineer role located in Chandler, AZ please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers" better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for over 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.