Software & Systems SBU
FPGA Electrical Engineer Lexington, KY Posted: 5/5/2021
Software & Systems SBU
A FPGA Electrical Engineer job is currently available at Belcan in Lexington, KY. This is a full time, direct job with full benefits. Great matching candidates will have a Bachelor"s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar), with at least five years of experience with FPGA design & programming. You will be participating in FPGA design from requirements development to hardware implementation for the aerospace and defense markets.
FPGA Electrical Engineer job duties:
* Program requirements decomposition, analysis, definition, and traceability using tools such as DOORS or equivalent.
* Program requirements verification (acceptance test plans, test reports, analysis reports, inspection reports) and validation for regulatory approval (example: avionics certifications using DO-254).
* Support hardware requirement generation with systems and subsystems teams to determine meaningful and testable requirements for the design, preferably in a model-based system engineering environment (MBSE).
* FPGA programming/development in Verilog/VHDL/System Verilog.
* Assist in electrical design and development, PCB Design and layout, wiring/harnesses, performance, risk, safety, operation and design reviews.
* Electrical Hardware in loop testing.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related STEM field.
* Five to 10 years" experience focused on FPGA development or electrical/hardware development/integration (preferably within the aerospace software/systems, power systems, or complicated technical systems area)
* Required experience in Verilog/VHDL/System Verilog
* Familiarity with design/analysis of electrical systems for EMI/EMC compliance
* Atlassian tools experience (JIRA, Confluence, Git)
* Experience in LINUX / RTOS (including Red Hat)
* Scripting, Programming and Analysis: TCL, Python, Linux shell and Windows batch scripting; C / C++; MATLAB / Simulink, Rhapsody CAMEO MagicDraw, Python, HSPICE and HFSS (or similar modeling/analysis tools)
* Legal authorization to work in the US required: US Citizenship due to nature of the work
Desired but not required:
* Regulatory experience preferred: DO-254, DO-160, Mil 704, 461, 464 or similar automotive standards
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, to be adaptable, to work across multi-discipline teams, solve complex problems and to drive results
If you are interested in this FPGA Electrical Engineer job in Lexington, KY please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!