Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
CNC Programmer Wichita, KS Posted: 10/22/2021
Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
A CNC Programmer job is currently available at Belcan in Wichita, KS. This is a full time, direct position with full benefits. Great matching candidates will have several years of CNC Programming and hands on experience in a shop floor & assembly environment. You will be a vital team member on large and medium size programs and projects, presenting information as needed, and ensuring critical customer needs are met.
CNC Programmer Job Duties:
* Provide numerical control, machining, and programming technical expertise to support 4 / 5 axis machining and turning NC programs
* Develop programs from model-based definition using assigned CAM software: CATIA
* Utilize Vericut validation software for NC program
* Analyze blueprints, engineering models, and electronic controls to support NC programming
* Work with CNC machine operators to optimize or modify programs as required
* Plan, create, verify, and revise machine control data and documentation that directs the operations for numerically controlled machines
* Develop a tooling list for each program
· Assist, edit, troubleshoot, and resolve needs within the manufacturing process, various APQP processes, package and relocation support, supply chain, CNC machines and
programming, cutting tools, components and parts, unique parts, scrap, etc.
CNC Programmer Qualifications:
· Five to 15+ years of relevant work experience as a CNC Programmer/ Manufacturing Engineer.
· Proficient CATIA knowledge; we will consider experience with other CAM software
· Experience and working knowledge of manufacturing process, assembly, and fabrication process.
· Experience with aerospace, heavy equipment, industrial equipment, and/or automotive industries.
· Experience creating and updating technical documents, reports, and standards.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Extensive understanding of product engineering concepts and applications.
· Ability to be a self-starter with potential for technical leadership and guidance.
· Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members, as well as to managers and engineers in client business units.
· Legal authorization to work in the US required
· Active Secret Clearance is preferred
Desired but not required skills:
· Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of design for manufacturing concepts.
· Hands on experience in the shop/manufacturing environment
· Understanding of Mechanics of Materials and Structural Design.
· Knowledge of CAD Modeling (2D, 3D).
· Proficiency in MS Office products
· Experience with Cost reduction.
· Knowledge and experience with application of Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
If you are interested in this CNC Programmer job Wichita, KS please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!