R&D Engineer Redmond, WA Posted: 8/2/2021
A R&D Engineer role located in Redmond, WA is currently available through Belcan. The R&D Engineer will be responsible for moderately complex research, development, testing and implementation of mechanical systems and systems design with human factors considerations for medical products/devices. Works with the cross-functional teams to develop specifications for product development and prototyping. Develops product design specifications and documents in accordance with company, ISO-13485, FDA and other requirements. Builds product prototypes. Test and verifies product design and prototypes and writes design verification/validation protocols. Writes verification and validation test reports.
R&D Engineer Job Requirements:
* Responsible for the initiation, design, development, execution, and implementation of medical
devices using engineering and scientific principles.
* Invents prototypes and reduces to practice concepts in a rapid prototyping environment and
submits idea disclosures.
* Designs components or functional systems and modifies existing designs to develop or improve
products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
* Gathers information, makes studies; prepares original rough sketches; performs necessary
calculations; coordinates design criteria with engineering, manufacturing, tooling, material, and
* Checks completed layout and details drawings and specifications prepared by others for design
* Participate in analyzing, evaluating, and designing solutions to problems affecting product
manufacturability or reliability.
* Interact with Marketing/Sales, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering (where appropriate) to
resolve manufacturing issues associated with product design.
* Provide support in new product transition to Manufacturing.
* Interact with vendors, where appropriate, to provide processing improvements through outside
* Plans and executes laboratory research and draws conclusions from test results.
* After training, may work in tissue lab.
* May train and/or provide direction to technicians.
* Designs, procures, and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
* Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to the technical community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* BS in Mechanical Engineering.
* 3+ years' experience.
* Training and expertise in a discipline related to device development, i.e., polymer engineering
and processing, joining methods, metals, etc.
* At least one year of experience in medical device industry, including QSR/ISO experience
* Experience building and bench testing prototypes.
* Experience with CAD/SolidWorks.
* Experience using common shop tools such as drill press, milling machine, lathe.
* Excellent written, verbal and sketch/drawing communication skills.
If you are interested in this R&D Engineer role located in Redmond, WA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers" better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for over 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.