Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
Production Supervisor Detroit, MI Posted: 7/2/2021
Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
An Advisory need for a Production Supervisor job is currently available through Belcan in the domestic U.S. This job is a remote position that will travel and deploy to customers within manufacturing and supply chain environments. As critical project issues and needs for crisis intervention arise, this job will deploy to those customers. This job is a flexible, subcontract 1099 status. Great matching candidates will have strong manufacturing and supply chain leadership and supervisory skills capable of driving measurable solutions and outcomes for clients. In this job, you will be on site at customers and/or customer suppliers working to assess, mitigate, consult, identify, and administer outcomes.
Production Supervisor job duties:
* Deploy and travel to the customer(s) as needed.
* Act as an advisor and consult customer by working as a team member ensuring critical customer needs are met.
* Plans and assigns work, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
* Provides leadership and utilizes independent judgment and action necessary to maintain normal on-going operations.
* Ensures employees perform work safely and that equipment is maintained and processes are carried out in compliance with health, safety and environment policies and procedures.
* Manages departmental performance metrics and provides regular KPI progress reports to Leadership. Supports data activities to deliver proper reports to internal and external customers.
* Ensures work meets quality standards. Addresses any non-conforming materials incidents; follows through on quality concern mitigation.
* Provides cross-functional communication with other department supervisors and managers to insure inventory control, production schedules, and on-time delivery.
* Communicate and interact with shop floor personnel, quality/process teams, customer management team, material teams, purchasing teams and other engineers involved in the process.
* Proven Leader and Subject Matter Expert (SME) within manufacturing and supply chain production.
* Capable of operating onsite alone to professionally represent Belcan to support multiple parties" interests (Customer/Supplier).
* Operate with speed and precision.
* Ability to travel as needed and deploy rapidly in short notice to begin work due to assessment, supply chain disruptions, and project improvement initiatives.
* Background working with Automotive/Aerospace/Industrial OEMs, suppliers, and/or tooling and machine operations.
* Demonstrated capability to accurately assess deficiencies in manufacturing processes, and possesses the technical know-how to troubleshoot and solve complex manufacturability problems.
* Must have experience in both short and long-term improvement projects, with demonstrated capability to gain consensus and implement manufacturing process improvements.
* Proficient in their understanding and performance drivers of contracted KPIs
* Root cause analysis and lean methodologies to aid in both throughput, quality and capacity related issues.
Desired but not required skills:
* Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of design for manufacturing concepts.
* Hands on experience in the shop/manufacturing environment.
* Understanding of Mechanics of Materials and Structural Design.
* Knowledge of CAD Modeling (2D, 3D).
* Proficiency in MS Office products
* Experience with Cost reduction.
If you are interested in this Production Supervisor job that is remote and travels, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!