CNC Programmer Los Alamitos, CA Posted: 7/20/2021
A CNC Programmer job in Los Alamitos, CA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for the managing, programming and maintenance of computer numeric controlled (CNC) equipment for prototype (first run) and production of composite parts within the facility. To be considered for this role, you will have a High School Diploma, or equivalent, plus 5-7 years of relevant experience.
CNC Programmer Job duties:
* Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job
* Review and obtain proper tooling
* Program extremely close tolerance parts
* CNC program in Mastercam (2020) 3, 4, and 5 axis geometry, proving out programs prior to machining, machining of parts and tools through CNC machining on 3-axis vertical mills, Large Capacity 5-axis CNC Router, 2 axis lathe and manual machining
* Work with operators, program managers, engineers to determine project scope, schedule and important job details
* Determine methods, tooling, feeds, speeds and all other necessary requirements necessary for manufacturing of parts
* Machine composite materials including carbon, fiberglass, honeycomb, and others
* Direct or train other employees in machine setup, running, maintenance and cleaning
* On occasion, you may be asked to work irregular hours to accommodate manufacturing schedules
* Keep program managers informed of operations, problems, and opportunities as they arise
* Maintain appropriate records and documentation
* Prior experience with MasterCAM programming
* Programming 3, 4 and 5 axis Mill & 2 axis Turn equipment
* Must have strong GD&T knowledge to interpret engineering drawings from sketches, determine cutting or grinding tools to be used, method of holding, and machine speeds and feeds
* Varied CNC operating experience desirable
* Must have worked in CNC programming demonstrating a high degree of proficiency
* Experience machining a variety of materials.
* Solid understanding of manufacturing processes for layup, trim, and assembly of composite hardware
* Previous experience working in a fast-paced production environment with high quality requirements; example military, aerospace or medical equipment highly preferred
* Ability to read and interpret company documents, such as safety rules, operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures
* Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings and specifications
* Able to perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
* Ability to identify composite damages
If you are interested in this CNC Programmer position in Los Alamitos, CA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services - from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.