Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
Senior Manufacturing Engineer Wichita, KS Posted: 10/22/2021
Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
A Senior Manufacturing Engineer job is currently available at Belcan in Wichita KS. This is a full time, direct job with full benefits. Great matching candidates will have several years of hands on experience involving machining, shop floor activities, assembly, and tooling, etc.. You will be working in our customer's environment and providing technical expertise in relationship to manufacturing support, troubleshooting, process improvement, insight to quality engineering, and project management.
Manufacturing Engineer job duties:
* Act as a team member on varying programs and projects, presenting information as needed, and ensuring critical customer needs are met.
* Troubleshoot major material process problems, evaluate scrap out-of-flow material, implement existing or develop new approaches and special projects to solve the issues.
* Troubleshoot, evaluate, make suggestions involving the assembly process, machinery, tooling, gage alternatives, etc.
* FAIRs and LAIRs - review, define, identify, analyze, and resolve all process, forms, drawing characteristics, data, discrepancies, inspections, paperwork, and flow associated with this prior to on-site processing.
* Heavily involved with presenting of the on-site information process, customer procedures, supporting documentation, forms, drawings, production, inspections, quality resolution, etc.
* Identify, act, and complete efforts related to PFMEA"s and Effects of Failure and the recommended actions and assignments for preventative and corrective needs.
* Develop and Complete RFT's (Right the First Time), time studies, cycle time, MSA evaluations, etc.
* Write and create new work instructions, update existing work instructions, and make edits for new and existing parts.
* Assist, edit, troubleshoot, and resolve needs within the manufacturing process, various APQP processes, package and relocation support, supply chain, CNC machines and programming, cutting tools, components and parts, unique parts, scrap, etc.
* Communicate and interact with shop floor personnel, quality/process teams, customer management team, material teams, purchasing teams and other engineers involved in the process.
* Mentoring additional team members on customer and industry standards
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications:
* M.S or B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Automotive and Assembly, etc. or equivalent amount of work experience involving manufacturing engineering.
* 10+ years of relevant work experience as a manufacturing engineer.
* Experience and working knowledge of manufacturing process, assembly, and fabrication process.
* Experience with aerospace, heavy equipment, industrial equipment, and/or automotive industries.
* Experience creating and updating technical documents, reports, and standards.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Extensive understanding of product engineering concepts and applications.
* Ability to be a self-starter with potential for technical leadership and guidance.
* Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members, as well as to managers and engineers in client business units.
* Legal authorization to work in the US required
* Active Security Clearance is preferred
Desired but not required skills:
* Mechanical aptitude and an understanding of design for manufacturing concepts.
* Hands on experience in the shop/manufacturing environment
* Thorough understanding for air frame manufacturing
* Understanding of Mechanics of Materials and Structural Design.
* Knowledge of CAD Modeling (2D, 3D).
* Proficiency in MS Office products
* Experience with Cost reduction.
* Knowledge and experience with application of Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
If you are interested in this Senior Manufacturing Engineering job in Wichita KS please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!