Software & Systems SBU
Systems Engineer Generalist Windsor, CT Posted: 8/17/2021
Software & Systems SBU
A remote Systems Engineer job is currently available with Belcan. This is a remote position (w/travel), but ideal candidates will be local or regionally located to Windsor, CT .This is a direct, full-time job with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor of Science degree in the STEM field, and a minimum of five years of system and software engineering experience within the aerospace and defense (or similar highly regulated) industry. You will be working with avionics related systems in one or more of the following platforms: Spacecraft (Launch Vehicle), Satellite, Propulsion Systems, GNC systems, Electrical Power or Engine Control systems.
*25% travel within the US will be required*
Systems Engineer Job duties:
Candidates will be involved in leading, executing and / or oversight for various systems engineering tasks including:
* System requirements definition and management - requirements decomposition (functional analysis and allocation), definition, and traceability for functional and environmental requirements
* Architecture design capture -- defines the structure, behavior, and more views of the system that align with the Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
* Develop and manage interface and control data / documentation (ICD) for systems and associated sub-systems
* Work across functional teams to investigate and solve problems, including trade studies and optimization activities
* Develop automated simulation and test emulation solutions
* Support System integration testing and functional testing planning, procedures and testing activities
* Perform verification related activities in a process-oriented environment consistent with industry regulatory approval standards (Mil Standards, ARP-4754, DO-178C, SYSML). Specifically, perform verification strategy, planning, method definition, procedure development, compliance and testing
* Help raise the level of performance of the team through a collaborative team setting, consistent communication, and willingness to help others achieve success
* Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, equivalent engineering degree from an accredited institution or relevant equivalent experience.
* Five to 20+ years systems engineering or similar relevant experience
* Demonstrated experience in system development where rigorous process and regulatory standards are required, including standards such as ARP-4754, DO-178B/C, Mil Standards
* Atlassian tools experience (JIRA, Confluence, Git)
* DOORs / DOORS NextGen tools experience
* Rational Quality Manager experience
* Matlab / Simulink experience is desired
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, investigate and solve problems, work across multi-discipline teams, and to recommend solutions to complex system level problems
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S./US Citizenship is required
If you are interested in this remote Systems Engineer job please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!