Software & Systems SBU
Project Engineer Windsor, CT Posted: 8/17/2021
Software & Systems SBU
A Project Engineer job in Windsor, CT is currently available at Belcan. This is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered, you will need a Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline. In this role you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to a cross functional team in requirements change management, hazard/failure mode and effect analysis, system optimization and trade study analysis, component and system level specification compliance, verification test planning/execution, and certification report creation in a faced-paced, highly collaborative environment. This job is remote with travel required.
Project Engineer job duties include:
· Support the definition, decomposition and compliance traceability of requirements for components and subsystems within complex aerospace propulsion and life support systems. Effectively communicate requirements across all technical disciplines and levels of management
· Facilitate cross functional team collaboration in component development, system optimization, and development of certification test program plans
· Create test plans and procedures for component and system level verification and validation
· Monitor design, build, verification and validation efforts, drive team responses as required to keep plan execution to established metrics on track.
· Maintain requirements V&V compliance matrices, generate and present performance reports to client organization stakeholders
· Perform data analysis, root cause determination, and initiate corrective actions for deviation to performance, or schedule metrics on the project
· Generate and present overall project status reports to Belcan and Client organization stakeholders
· BS or MS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a similar discipline with five to ten years experience in a highly regulated industry and familiarity with integrated product development, certification, and quality control standards (ISO/IEC; 9001,9100, RTCA; DO-160, DO-254, DO-178, MIL-STD; 461,464,704)
· Skilled with communication/collaboration, modeling and analysis, requirements management, and project management tools
· Self-motivated, adaptable, highly organized and possess excellent communication skills
· Multidiscipline team building, problem solving, and leadership skills are critical
· Experience with complex system design, integration, test, and deployment is highly desirable
· Knowledge of aerospace components, controls and systems is favorable
If you are interested in this Project Engineer job in Windsor, CT please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!