Software & Systems SBU
Systems Engineer Windsor, CT Posted: 8/17/2021
Software & Systems SBU
A Systems Engineer job in Windsor, CT is currently available at Belcan. This position can be worked remotely anywhere in the U.S. This is a direct, full-time position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor of Science degree in the engineering field, and a minimum of 12 years of experience within the aerospace and defense industry, preference for systems / hardware experience in the defense and space market or other highly regulated industry experience. This position requires travel.
Experience in designing electrical power systems in one or more of the following platforms is preferred: Spacecraft (Launch Vehicle), Satellites, and/or Engine Control systems.
This engineer should have experience designing EPS architectures that span functions that include power generation, regulation, and storage. The engineer must be able to identify suitable technology choices for these functions (e.g. solar arrays, batteries), perform trades studies to select the most appropriate technologies, then support the specification, design, and integration of those technologies within the architecture.
Candidates will be involved in leading, executing and / or oversight for designing an Electrical Power System that includes power generation, regulation and storage requirement. The key tasks include:
· System requirements definition and management - requirements decomposition (functional analysis and allocation), definition, and traceability for functional and environmental requirements
· Architecture design and architecture capture -- defines the structure, behavior, and more views of the system that align with the Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
· Develop and deliver the design, specifications, and integration requirements to the systems teams
· Work across functional teams to investigate and solve problems, including trade studies and optimization activities that effect the architecture
· Collaborate vertically and across the systems teams to assure the architecture meets stakeholders needs as well as mission requirements and objectives.
· Communicate effectively and with clarity what the architecture definition is, its maturity and evolution to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders
· Help raise the level of performance of the team through a collaborative team setting, consistent communication, and willingness to help others achieve success
· Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, equivalent engineering degree from an accredited institution or relevant equivalent experience.
· 12+ years systems or electrical engineering or similar relevant experience in electrical power systems
· Hands on experience in electrical power system life cycle development to DO-178C DAL B or higher (or similar)
· Demonstrated experience in system development where rigorous process and regulatory standards are required, including standards such as ARP-4754, DO-178B/C, DO-160 and Mil Standards
· Atlassian tools experience (JIRA, Confluence, Git)
· DOORs / DOORS NextGen tools experience
· Matlab / Simulink experience is desired
· Ability to deal with ambiguity, investigate and solve problems, work across multi-discipline teams, and to recommend solutions to complex system level problems
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required