Senior Engineering Technician Irvine, CA Posted: 8/19/2021
24 months max
A Senior Engineering Technician job in Irvine, CA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will support engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, laser/light transmission devices or specialized test equipment. To be considered for this role, you will have an Associate's degree in related discipline or equivalent plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. Due to the nature of the work performed in this facility, US citizenship is required.
Senior Engineering Technician Job duties:
* Layout, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify electronic or electro-mechanical devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems
* Construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, adjust, test, diagnose and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems
* Calibration and alignment checks
* Prepare prescribed compounds and solutions
* Construct, modify, debug, test and adjust a variety of tools and equipment given appropriate drawings, parts and instructions
* Implement basic practical solutions for process improvement
* Conduct and document experiments under guidance of senior technician
* Construct basis tooling and fixtures to accomplish unique tasks
* Organize data to identify cause/effect relationships and recommends resolution/process improvement
* An Associate"s degree in related discipline or equivalent plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
* Fundamental knowledge and proficiency in the use of related tools and equipment
* Ability to fabricate simple hardware as required
* May require 1st Class FCC license and Solder Repair certification
* Clear computer and test equipment knowledge
If you are interested in this Senior Engineering Technician position in Irvine, CA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services - from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.