Embedded Software Engineer Mesa, AZ Posted: 10/20/2021
An Embedded Software Engineer role located in Mesa, AZ is currently available through Belcan. The Embedded Software Engineer will work as part of a small, collaborative product team to design, develop, integrate, and test software in embedded and enterprise secure processing solutions.
Software Engineer duties:
* Provide technical recommendations, take lead role in documentation including system level
requirement through final system performance testing.
* Modify Software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade
* Develop and maintain software suite to verify system capabilities and requirements.
* Participate in planning, design, scheduling, prioritizing, and tracking the project.
* Collaborating effectively with engineers from different disciplines to design an develop software
architectures and API's.
* Work cross functionally with engineering, procurement, quality assurance, program
* Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop
specification and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
* Analyze software requirements, determine design approach & unit test requirements, and write
software design specifications.
* Architect, write, and modify, high quality software with efficient and reusable code for customer
applications. Participate in integration and acceptance testing. Verify software functionality both
in test environment as well as in the field.
* Design for and achieve required regulatory and safety certification
* Communicate ideas, objectives and plans to the software team, including presentations and
status reports to management.
* Preform test, & verification using source debuggers and simulation tools & techniques
* Deliver software solutions that meet specifications, schedule, and quality standards. Enforce
good software practices.
* Ensure that software problems are resolved in a timely manner.
* Maintain useful documentation for software engineers and the rest of the project team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience designing and
architecting software systems.
* Experience in aerospace, avionics, government projects
* Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written)
* 4 years experience developing with C/C++
* Experience with Device Drivers, RTOS (WindRiver, GreenHills), MIL-STD 1553, ARINC 429, DO-
* Knowledge of embedded Linux environments
* Ability to write technical documentation for requirement specifications, test plans, procedures
* Must be a US Person
If you are interested in this Embedded Software Engineer role located in Mesa, AZ please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers" better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for over 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.