Software & Systems SBU
Systems Engineer Windsor, CT Posted: 8/23/2021
Software & Systems SBU
A Systems Engineer job in Windsor, CT is currently available at Belcan. However, this position can be worked remotely from anywhere in the U.S. This is a full time position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor of Science degree in the engineering field, and a minimum of 5 years of experience within the aerospace and defense industry, preference for systems / hardware experience in the defense and space market or other highly regulated industry experience.
Experience in avionics related hardware in one or more of the following platforms is preferred: Spacecraft (Launch Vehicle), Satellite, Propulsion Systems, Electrical Power or Engine Control systems.
Candidates will be involved in leading, executing and / or oversight for various systems engineering tasks including:
* Avionics system requirements definition and management - specifically the decomposition of systems requirements into hardware related high level requirements (HLR) / low level requirements (LLR), including environmental related requirements
* Perform requirements decomposition (functional analysis and allocation), definition, and traceability for functional and environmental requirements
* Experience in one or more of the following avionics domains is required: health monitoring, fault detection, and controls related application(s)
* Architecture design capture -- defines the structure, behavior, and more views of the system that align with the Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
* Develop and manage interface and control data / documentation (ICD) for systems and associated sub-systems
* Work across functional teams to investigate and solve problems, including trade studies and optimization activities
* Develop automated simulation and test emulation solutions
* Support System integration testing and functional testing planning, procedures and testing activities
* Perform verification related activities in a process-oriented environment consistent with industry regulatory approval standards (Mil Standards, ARP-4754, DO-178C, SYSML). Specifically, perform verification strategy, planning, method definition, procedure development, compliance and testing
* Help raise the level of performance of the team through a collaborative team setting, consistent communication, and willingness to help others achieve success
* Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, equivalent engineering degree from an accredited institution or relevant equivalent experience.
* 5+ years systems or electrical engineering or similar relevant experience in avionics related hardware platforms
* Demonstrated experience in system development where rigorous process and regulatory standards are required, including standards such as ARP-4754, DO-178B/C, DO-160 and Mil Standards
* Atlassian tools experience (JIRA, Confluence, Git)
* DOORs / DOORS NextGen tools experience
* Matlab / Simulink experience is desired
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, investigate and solve problems, work across multi-discipline teams, and to recommend solutions to complex system level problems
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required