Software & Systems SBU
Systems Engineer Indianapolis, IN Posted: 8/23/2021
Software & Systems SBU
A Systems Engineer job in Indianapolis, IN is currently available at Belcan. This job can be worked remotely from anywhere in the U.S. This is a direct, full-time position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor of Science degree in the engineering field, and a minimum of 7 years of experience within the aerospace and defense industry, preference for systems / hardware experience in the defense and space market or other highly regulated industry experience.
Experience in avionics related hardware and software in one or more of the following platforms is preferred: Spacecraft (Launch Vehicle), Satellites, and/or Engine Control systems.
This engineer should be able to work both functional and environmental electronic hardware requirements. Given the nature of the role, experience with embedded software systems engineering is a highly desired.
Candidates will be involved in leading, executing and / or oversight for various systems engineering tasks including:
* Develop Avionics component specifications (controller hardware and software) from Engine Control System Design data / artifacts
* Develop and validate hardware requirements data / artifacts.
* Avionics system requirements definition and management - specifically the decomposition of systems requirements into hardware related high level requirements (HLR) / low level requirements (LLR), including environmental related requirements
* Perform requirements decomposition (functional analysis and allocation), definition, and traceability for functional and environmental requirements
* Experience in avionics embedded software or equivalent is highly desired
* Architecture design capture -- defines the structure, behavior, and more views of the system that align with the Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
* Develop and manage interface and control data / documentation (ICD) for systems and associated sub-systems
* Work across functional teams to investigate and solve problems, including trade studies and optimization activities
* Perform verification related activities in a process-oriented environment consistent with industry regulatory approval standards (Mil Standards, ARP-4754, DO-178C, SYSML). Specifically, perform verification strategy, planning, method definition, procedure development, compliance and testing
* Help raise the level of performance of the team through a collaborative team setting, consistent communication, and willingness to help others achieve success
* Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, equivalent engineering degree from an accredited institution or relevant equivalent experience.
* 5+ years systems or electrical engineering or similar relevant experience in avionics related hardware platforms
* Hands on experience in avionics life cycle development to DO-178C DAL C or higher (or similar)
* Demonstrated experience in system development where rigorous process and regulatory standards are required, including standards such as ARP-4754, DO-178B/C, DO-160 and Mil Standards
* Atlassian tools experience (JIRA, Confluence, Git)
* DOORs / DOORS NextGen tools experience
* Matlab / Simulink experience is desired
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, investigate and solve problems, work across multi-discipline teams, and to recommend solutions to complex system level problems
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required