Engineering & Design SBU
Reliability and Maintainability Engineer Shelton, CT Posted: 8/23/2021
Engineering & Design SBU
A Reliability and Maintainability Engineer job is currently available at Belcan in Shelton, CT. This can be a remote position; however, must be located near one of our Belcan delivery centers in the U.S. This is a full time, direct job with full benefits. Great matching candidates will have a Bachelors degree in Engineering and 3+ years direct R&M experience in Aerospace . You will be supporting the near- and longer-term activities on an aircraft program as it nears completion for customer delivery.
Reliability& Maintainability Engineer job duties:
* Lead RCCA activities for hardware related issues encountered during ground and flight testing Generate common failure modes as part of the analysis, understanding where the gaps are with respect to current LRU supplier MTBFs.
* Review all existing aircraft and supplier data and RCCA's to track failures to flight hours and develop system level MTBF's
* Assist in developing overall warranty support costs of the product based on existing and in coming field data as received from FSR"s and customer representatives.
* Development of Reliability Block Diagrams to represent the reliability relationship between components of a system and allow for the development of block failure models used to evaluate the reliability of a system and obtain life/event data concerning each component/subsystem.
* Develop Failure Mode and Effects Analysis which involves reviewing components, assemblies, and subsystems to identify failure modes, and their causes and effects. For each component, the failure modes and their resulting effects on the rest of the system are recorded in a specific FMEA worksheet.
* Development of Criticality Analysis which is used to chart the probability of failure modes against the severity of their consequences. Criticality analysis can be done in Excel but growth into more sophisticated reliability centric software is expected. This analysis has to be done in the context of engineering design influence. Results of this analysis will integrate repair and diagnostic procedures.
* Construct integrated system reliability models from component analysis.
* Occasional travel ~10% will be required
* NOTE: Other work locations may be considered
* BS Degree Engineering
* 3-5 years direct experience in Reliability and Maintainability, preferably in aerospace
* Legal authorization to work in the US required
If you are interested in this Reliability and Maintainability Engineer job in Shelton, CT please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!