Software & Systems SBU
Engineer/Developer West Palm Beach, FL Posted: 9/16/2021
Software & Systems SBU
An Engineer/Developer job is currently available at Belcan in West Palm Beach, FL. This is a full time, direct job with full benefits. Great matching candidates will have a Bachelor Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering. In this job, you will support analytics software development for propulsion, aviation and aerospace applications. Tools developed are primarily used to monitor aircraft engine performance, mission and life usage, maintenance practices, parts usage and the interconnected relationships between all of these areas in order to help lower total cost of ownership for our military and commercial customers.
Engineer/Developer job duties:
· Analytics software configuration and development of processes to optimize validity of large datasets, which includes client-facing GUI data analysis and reporting tools.
· Develop rapid-prototyped software methods in a flexible environment with requirements that are often loosely defined.
· Collaborate with software development team to deliver robust customer solutions.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
· Knowledge of, and desire to work with, database-enabled programming tools.
· Background in basic software design & code development and interest in military or commercial aircraft engine propulsion and/or aerospace systems.
· Excellent complex problem-solving skills, very detail-oriented, and comfortable working with minimal direction.
· Familiar with enterprise databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
o Creating basic Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, etc.
· Basic understanding of SQL database queries.
· Experience with Python, C# or Informatica a strong plus
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
· Good work ethic, strong client communication skills, efficient and highly organized.
· Motivated to learn and find solutions to unexpected problems using complex analytical thinking.
· Some propulsion/aerospace classes or concentration is preferred.
· Must be U.S. Citizen.
If you are interested in this Engineer/Developer job in West Palm Beach, FL please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!