Software & Systems SBU
Senior Avionics Software Engineer Grand Rapids, MI Posted: 10/13/2021
Software & Systems SBU
A Senior Avionics Software Engineer job in Grand Rapids, MI is currently available at Belcan. This is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered, you will need a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline. In this job, you will support requirements, design, development, coding and testing of Avionics Systems Software. Prior experience developing software for avionics systems is important.
Software Engineer job duties include:
· Develop safety-critical software for avionics systems.
· Complete entire software development life cycle for software applications, including requirements, design, code, and verification
· Use the latest emerging technologies and tools to solve complex engineering problems, working alongside product domain experts and technical professionals
· Support software verification and validation efforts of the embedded electronic systems.
· Write software code in C, Python and other structured programming languages.
· Analyze existing software to develop and evaluate solutions to software problem reports.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline
· Mid-career and senior engineers who do well in this role are experienced with avionics systems, such as Flight Management Systems, Flight Control Systems, Integrated Modular Avionics systems, and Displays.
· Demonstrated experience making electronics and software work; performing hands-on lab work and in-office design work; and providing technical leadership on teams is important.
· You must be self-motivated, adaptable, and highly organized to thrive on this team, and if you are, you will earn responsibility, ownership, and enjoy job satisfaction.
· Knowledge of aircraft systems or other safety critical systems is required.
· Experience integrating software onto hardware platforms using specialized test equipment is required.
· The candidate must be able to work closely with customers and fellow team members to coordinate and plan software lifecycle activities.
· Experience writing software requirements and software design documentation is required.
· Experience developing software using an embedded operating system, such as VxWorks is important.
· Experience with DOORS is required.
· Experience writing low-level software, board support packages, or Assembly software is a plus.
· Demonstrated understanding of electronic hardware interfaces, including hardware errata interpretation is a plus.
If you are interested in this Senior Avionics Software Engineer job in Grand Rapids, MI, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!