Packaging Design Engineer Palo Alto, CA Posted: 10/20/2021
A Packaging Design Engineer job in Palo Alto, CA is currently accepting applications. This is a contract position with our key aerospace client. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, analysis, prototype build, and testing of an actuated mechanism on the aircraft. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree in Engineering along with at least two (2) years of relevant Mechanical Design experience of high power electronic assemblies like power supplies, converters, drive inverters or chargers.
Packaging Design Engineer Job Responsibilities:
* Design Power Electronics components like plastic housings, sheet metal brackets, insulation systems, high voltage connectors, fasteners, structural supports, transformers, etc.
* Collaborate with other mechanical, systems, electrical, safety and manufacturing engineers to optimize your design for overall vehicle performance.
* Analyze designs to ensure they meet requirements using heat transfer, thermal analysis, design for assembly, structural calculations, and failure mode analysis, etc.
* Develop engineering test plans for designs.
* Solve electrical design challenges like thermal management, HV electrical isolation, HV interconnects, shock and vibration survival, environmental sealing, electromagnetic interference, etc.
* Create component drawings and work with suppliers to manufacture your designs.
* Lead engineering prototype builds and design validation testing.
Packaging Design Engineer Job Requirements:
* B.S. Degree in Engineering
* 2+ years of relevant Mechanical Design experience.
* Experience designing components for high power electronic assemblies like power supplies, converters, drive inverters, chargers, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to design packaging for an electronics systems from a blank sheet to production.
* Experience with PCBA mechanical design.
* Experience shipping high-volume electronics products.
* Strong mechanical design analytical skill in structural analysis, fluids, thermals, heat transfer, materials, etc.
* Strong 3D design experience and skill, preferably with NX and/or SolidWorks.
* Basic understanding of electrical design fundamentals.
* Basic Matlab or Python skill.
* Familiarity with thermal and structural finite element analysis methods and tools (STAR CCM, ANSYS, ICEPACK, COMSOL).
* Experience with GD&T, design for reliability, and design for manufacturing.
* Experience with product life management systems, including BOMs and engineering change orders.
* Experience with high volume manufacturing processes such as injection molding, stamping, soldering, welding, diecast, PCB fabrication, etc.
If you are interested in this Packaging Design Engineer job in Palo Alto, CA, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.