Principal ASIC Design Engineer Gresham, OR Posted: 10/26/2021
A Principal ASIC Design Engineer role located in Gresham, Oregon is currently available through Belcan. The Principal ASIC Design Engineer will get hands-on experience developing next generation of storage and memory controller SoC products. This will involve taking a design from initial concept to production form. Throughout you will work beside experienced engineers and be exposed to Best-In-Class engineering practices. Working side-by-side with some of the brightest minds and most innovative people in the industry, you won't just fill a position, you will be given an opportunity to work on a team where your contributions matter. If this sounds like the kind of environment you'd like to participate in, we'd like to hear from you!
Principal ASIC Design Engineer Requirements:
* Design and implement complex digital integrated circuits at the block, subsystem or device level
* Communicate regularly with the design and verification teams to solve technical problems and
* Provide support of products from specification through to production.
* Read and understand applicable protocol standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with 8+ years
* Extensive experience with RTL design and coding of synthesizable logic using Verilog, System
* Experience with low power design techniques.
* Familiar with all aspects of the digital ASIC design flow including design, verification, debug,
logic synthesis, physical layout, static timing analysis, and revision control.
* Strong coding / scripting skills with languages such as C/C++, Python, Perl, tcl, etc.
* Working knowledge of Synopsys or Cadence tool flows for simulation, synthesis, and STA.
* Working knowledge of Design for Test (DFT) principles.
* Experience with integration of 3rd party IP and support.
* Protocol knowledge with PCI-Express®, CXL and/or DDR SDRAM protocol is an asset.
* Protocol knowledge SAS/SATA is an asset.
* Experience with embedded microcontrollers and microprocessors is an asset.
* Experience with AXI/APB/AHP is an asset.
* Experience with UVM verification methodology is an asset.
* Excellent analytical and debugging skills and the ability to proactively solve issues.
* Excellent teamwork and time management skills, and ability to work under pressure.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and documentation skills.
* Ability to quickly ramp on new projects.
* Must be a US Person
If you are interested in this Principal ASIC Design Engineer role located in Gresham, Oregon please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers" better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for over 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.