Contracts Administrator III Simi Valley, CA Posted: 10/28/2021
A Contracts Administrator III role located in Simi Valley, CA is currently available through Belcan. The Contracts Administrator III will support the bid, capture and contract negotiation processes, and then ensures efficient performance throughout the life of each contract, supporting amendments and interpretations as necessary. Detail-orientation is a must in this role.
Contracts Administrator III job duties:
* Works with the Contracts Manager and other functions including Sales, Strategy and Marketing,
Finance, and the Legal team on bid and proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract
review and administration for new and sustaining products.
* Responsible for generating compliance matrices and making recommendations in accordance
with AV policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with contracting policies, laws and
regulations, including but not limited to Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal
Acquisition Regulation Supplements, Cost Accounting Standards, Export Administration
Regulations and International Traffic in Arms Regulations
* Serves as point-of-contact for assigned customer portfolio and serve as customer interface on
pre-contract and active contract activities
* Manages and monitors the performance of long-term contracts and agreements. Analyzes and
concisely summarizes contractual obligations, commitments, and performance for internal
stakeholders. Analyzes the impact of modifications and revisions to contract terms and prepares
recommendations and risk reviews for management.
* Coordinates flow-downs of terms and conditions with all functional departments including
program management, engineering, product support, finance, quality, supply chain
management, manufacturing, as required. Assists other Contracts Administrators in ensuring the
customer is compliant with the terms and conditions.
* Evaluates proposals for accuracy and compliance with Terms and Conditions and export
regulations, prepares and submits quotes; Participates in proposal planning
* Liaison with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) for sources, inspections and quality
* Maintains an accurate audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all
correspondences, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, etc.
* Supports maintenance and retrieval of contract documents/files and validated data, preparation
of reports and participation in status reviews
* Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Associate and/or Bachelor degree in Business Administration is required or equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience
* Minimum of 5 - 8 years' experience performing duties and responsibilities in an
aerospace/defense/ government contracting environment
* Experienced in federal acquisition process, government contracting principles and regulations
(e.g., FAR, DFARS, contract-specific flow-downs, etc.) required
* Experienced in and knowledgeable of contractual terms and conditions and high-risk terms
* Demonstrated knowledge of ., EAR and related U.S. regulations required
* Occasionally may be required to travel within the Continental U.S.
* Must be a US Citizen
If you are interested in this Contracts Administrator III role located in Semi Valley, CA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers" better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for over 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.