Engineering & Design SBU
Aerospace Designer (NX) Cincinnati, OH Posted: 11/16/2021
Engineering & Design SBU
An Aerospace Designer job in Cincinnati, OH is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be developing 3D models and working with Detailers to create 2D drawings of pre- and post-production detail parts, assemblies, sub-systems, and integrations for aircraft engines. A Government Secret Clearance is needed or the ability to obtain one is a requirement for these positions.
1. Using engineering design basis requirements, determines the appropriate design package.
2. Coordinate with the Project Manager/Senior Designer, on technical design, form fit and function.
3. Works with design group assigned to project, in the development and final completion of the design package for issue to client.
4. Prepares various drawings and discipline design documents such as specifications, material and equipment lists, change orders, transmittals, etc., as required.
5. Ensures compliance with established design standards and practices.
6. Ensures operability and maintenance.
7. Assists in mentoring and training of detailers as required.
8. Documents all agreements and understandings reached with other disciplines and client personnel.
9. Resolves client questions or field problems concerning the design package.
10. Identifies design scope changes and their impact.
· Strong parametric CAD design utilizing NX and TeamCenter.
· Microsoft Office Suite experience
· Proficient use of ANSI/ASME Y14.1-2009 design and drafting standards including GD&T applications
· Experience with reviewing engineering drawings and related documents for technical accuracy
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
· Ability to function with minimal supervision
· Able to efficiently multitask and flexible enough to meet evolving customer prioritization of tasks
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required/must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person
· NX is the preferred CAD software
· Experience with Stack-ups
· Familiarity with aerospace manufacturing processes but not required.
· Experience working in aerospace field, specifically Turbine engine experience
· Experience Casting, Forgings and Machining"s.
· Experience with Model Based Definition (MBD) is a plus but not required.
Office sedentary; use of work phones, computers, printers, and general office equipment.
Physical Demands: No exposure to field conditions or manufacturing environments.
A. Education: Associate degree or equivalent experience.
B. Minimum Experience: Minimum of an associate degree in drafting from an accredited vocational/technical institute
C. Preferred Experience: Minimum of two (2) year industrial drafting or the equivalent of an associate degree in drafting from an accredited vocational/technical institute; or a degree from four (4) year bachelor"s degree in engineering field.
D. Technology: Proficient in the use of CAD and other computer processing tools.