Project Manager - Structural Airport Aviation Austin, TX Posted: 7/18/2022
A Project Manager job is available with an engineering firm. The position is located in either the Austin or Dallas, Texas. The individual will lead the growth of the Aviation design business with the Texas DOT's aviation department and projects by providing consulting services and working with cross-functional teams to develop detailed deliverables. The Project Manager will be responsible for existing client account management, business growth strategies, business development, and direct multiple large/complex aviation projects. This individual will manage Airfield Planning, Design, and Construction Administration projects; direct and mentor design team and technical staff; and coordinate with clients, sub-consultants, municipal officials, FAA Airports District Office, DOT's Aviation departments, and contractors to ensure quality deliverables are completed in a compliant manner on schedule and within budget.
* Identify and communicate business sales and growth opportunities during the sales and/or Request for Proposal Qualifications (RFP/RFQ) process.
* Meet with existing and prospective clients to discuss their evolving needs and assess the opportunities for the firm's AEG services to support them.
* Participate in and lead presentations to prospective clients, professional organizations, and company leadership.
* Direct and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams of various skills and experience across all the project phases from programming, planning, grant administration, conceptual/preliminary design, detailed design, construction.
* Ensure deliverables and the Client's quality standards are met per the agreed scope, schedule and budget.
* Facilitate client-facing change management and provide ongoing communication throughout the project.
* Collaborate routinely with Management and Leadership to advise and address circumstances related to client satisfaction, changes of scope, risk management, schedule, and financial performance.
* Serves as the technical and subject matter expert on technical aspects of projects using advanced concepts and principles that apply to proven, lasting, and repeatable outcomes.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
* Must possess a current Professional Engineering (PE) License and 5+ years of experience in design and management of aviation or transportation projects or 20+ years of experience in design and project delivery of aviation or transportation projects.
* Must be able to travel 25-50% to local client sites and 5% to regional sites.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office and PDF editing products.
* Ability to travel to and attend Client Board meetings in the evenings.
* Current and thorough knowledge and experience with FAA regulations, requirements, practices, and advisory circulars.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE POSITION
If you are interested in this a Project Manager job in Austin or Dallas, TX, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com