Lead / Supervisor / Management
Manager of Mechanical Design Engineering San Diego, CA Posted: 9/16/2022
Lead / Supervisor / Management
Job Title: Manager - Mechanical Design Engineering
Pay Rate: $72.00/hr. - $83.00/hr.
Job Status: Direct Full-time
Location: San Diego, CA
Zip Code: 92126
Area Code: 858
Start Date: Right Away
Keywords: #manager #engineeringmanager #designengineeringmanager #engineerjobs #nowhiring
A Manager - Mechanical Design Engineering job in San Diego, CA is currently available through Belcan. This is a Direct full-time role. In this role, you will be responsible for leading, directing and developing the Engineering Design team. You will also provide engineering process direction and leadership to design engineers, supporting the development of new composite products, tooling, and processes. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline, and 10 or more years of recent experience in aerospace design and composite manufacturing.
Manager - Mechanical Design Engineering Job duties:
* Works closely with internal production resources and external vendors to ensure parts are designed for manufacturability, safety, and reliability.
* Provide guidance regarding design/manufacturing concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
* Promotes and aids in the standardization and documentation of design and engineering best practices.
* Leads a team in the development of new parts, manufacturing processes, tooling, and procedures.
* Understands program budgetary and schedule constraints.
* Collaborates, consults, and coordinates with all stakeholders including Business Development, Operations, Quality Control, Finance, Supply Chain, and Project Management.
* Demonstrates expertise with complex mechanical and aerospace engineering solutions.
* Advanced understanding of engineering drawings and GD&T. Able to train engineers in the proper execution of GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
* Advanced understanding of composite manufacturing processes including layup and cure, bonding, and assembly.
* Advanced understanding of composite layup tooling and complex assembly fixtures and alignment jigs.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion.
* Ability to provide both constructive criticism and praise when warranted to foster the growth of members in the engineering group.
If you are interested in this Manager - Mechanical Design Engineering position in San Diego, CA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services - from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.