Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
Manufacturing Engineer (Test Systems and Methods Engineer) Van Horn, TX Posted: 12/2/2022
Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
Manufacturing Engineer (Test Systems and Methods Engineering)
Pay Rate: $45 - 55 per hour
Location: Van Horn, Texas 79855
Area Code: 432, 915
Direct, Full Time, B shift (3pm -11:30pm / 8 days on, 6 days off)
#manufacturingengineering #elpaso #spaceindustry #rocketlaunch # testengineering
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages as well as travel, incidentals, and housing allowances to be onsite. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Retirement options, tuition reimbursement, performance increases and career advancement
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing of various launch vehicle subassemblies. As a Manufacturing Project Engineer, you will translate engineering intent, drawings, and configurations into consistent manufacturing processes which focus on quality and repeatability. The role is multifunctional with a general knowledge needed for tube bending, welding, machining assembly, cleaning, passivation, non-destructive testing, and various other aerospace manufacturing processes.
* Develop manufacturing work instructions to clearly define the following manufacturing process: receiving inspection, fabrication, assembly, test, integration, and refurbishment
* Closely manage cost, quality, build sequence, and schedule of hardware throughout the entire testing and final configuration build process
* Perform engineering drawing and test plan review and provide final approval for manufacturing
* Develop process control measures and evaluation through statistical analysis
* Define and support repair and rework activities
* Design, procure, install, and integrate custom manufacturing equipment
* Interface with external suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure that hardware and equipment is manufactured, processed, packaged, and delivered properly, on time, and on budget
* Perform capacity analysis and evaluate staffing requirements
* Perform root cause analyses when non-conformances and escapes are identified and deploy corrective actions
* Design proper material handling and packaging to protect hardware throughout the build and test process
* Champion tooling, ergonomics, safety, and quality improvements affiliated with the build and test process
* Streamline testing data collection
* Manage hardware configuration and maintain pedigree throughout the entire build and test process
* Troubleshoot operational and build issues along with other technical and non-technical teammates
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Electrical, or Engineering (other relevant fields may apply) from an accredited university.
* Three to seven years of manufacturing engineering experience working in a complex product testing environment where performance test tooling, and measurement instrumentation are the norm.
* Working knowledge of Jigs/Fixtures/Test Tooling, Standard Work and Set-up Instructions.
* Hands on experience in hardware manufacturing (i.e. cleaning, non-destructive testing methods, tight tolerance assembly, leak testing, final acceptance testing of integrated hardware, and Manufacturing Execution Systems/Software)
* Proven experience and successful track record of completing testing/manufacturing projects
* Ability to develop processes compliant to industry quality systems such as AS9100.
* Strong written, personal, technical, and software skills (CAD, Schedule Tracking, Risk and Issue Tracking, Technical Report Writing, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, etc)
* Must be a U.S. citizen
Desired not required skills:
* Knowledge and experience using CREO and Windchill
* Experience with test measurement data acquisition systems and instrumentation
* Experience and knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly
* Experience with tool management systems (identification, storage, maintenance)
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineering job opportunity, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.