Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
Senior Fasteners Engineer Remote, RE Posted: 1/9/2023
Supply Chain & Manufacturing SBU
Senior Fastener Engineer - Fastener and Joint Analysis
1st Shift, Flex Shift, Part Time
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and support with respect to mechanical fastening systems for space-bound vehicles. You will drive fastener and joint communization and standardization, substantiating test results for catalogue use-case entries, and assisting with the creation of fastener standards, safety factors, and installation procedures for application specific use of lab-tested fasteners.
As a Senior Fastener Engineer and Joint Analyst, you will translate and analyze lab-generated test data to create and catalogue torque/tension relationships for threaded bolt joints into tables that fully define the proper use and installation characteristics for production readiness.
* As an integral member of the fastener team, you will work to strengthen the feedback loop between design, development, procurement, build, and test departments and accelerate the pace of rocket assembly fuselage development and construction.
* Provide guidance for fastener testing programs through a combination of the work done by hands-on lab test engineers and acceptance testing procedures as well as data collection, analysis, and reporting.
* Review existing and new fastener installation and fastener combination specifications to ensure all relevant and critical control parameters are captured in procedure.
* Assist in the generation of threaded bolt joint safety factors or uncertainty factors as described in NASA-TM-106943.
* Interface with fastener test leadership and other stakeholders as results and reports are tabulated.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Electrical, or Engineering (other relevant fields may apply) from an accredited university
* 10+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering / industrial setting
* 5+ years of fastener recommendation, selection, qualification and testing experience
* Deep knowledge of fastener load testing set-ups using axial and radial force loading machines, strain-gauges, profile monitors, bolt length measurement
* Fastener Test Lab experience developing Torque/Tension relationship measurements and fastener joint data analysis
* Fastener test standards familiarity such as ASTM or IFI
* Strong intuition and judgement when faced with ambiguity and the need to make high velocity decisions
* Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card) due to the nature of the work
* Knowledge of Atlas-Copco fastener torque installation devices and controllers
* Masters Degree in engineering preferred
* Knowledge and experience using CREO and Windchill
If you are interested in this *remote* Senior Fasteners Engineer job opportunity, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges.
The salary range for this role is $75 to $100 per hour; however, Belcan considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate"s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Belcan positions offer salary, benefits for employee and family, including medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance (add Belcan standard benefits). Employees are able to enroll in our company"s 401k plan. Employees receive 8.67 hours of PTO leave every month and 8 holidays throughout the calendar year.