Mechanical Engineer Logan, UT Posted: 1/13/2023
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Salary: $100k/yr DOE
Location: Logan, UT
Zip Code: 84341
Area Code: 435
Start Date: Right Away
Keywords: #mechanicalengineer #utahjobs #nowhiring
A Mechanical Engineer job in Logan, UT is currently accepting applications. This is a direct hire position with our key manufacturing client. In this role, you will be responsible to drive design and developmental activities from initial concept through production. To be considered you will have a BS in Mechanical Engineering and 4+ years of relevant CAD design experience using SolidWorks experience coming from the aerospace industry.
Mechanical Engineer Job Responsibilities:
* Battery Module and Pack Design
* Integrate products into customer prototype vehicles and certifiable aircraft
* Design packaging for battery cells, Battery Management Systems and other required components
* Implement cooling requirements into module/pack design to optimize battery performance
* Optimize packaging and integration to minimize volume, weight, and cost
* Design components to be easily manufactured with optimal methods such as machining, injection molding, sheet metal weldments, casting, etc.
* Design components to meet rigorous structural testing procedures including shock, vibration, and impact
* Optimize components for high volume manufacturing
Mechanical Engineer Job Qualifications:
* BS in Mechanical Engineering.
* 5+ years of engineering experience, including experience designing for CNC machining, plastic injection molding, sheet metal weldments, thermoforming, castings, and 3D printing
* Ability to perform tolerance stack-up analysis and produce 2D mechanical prints with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
* Ability to perform conjugate heat transfer thermal analysis
* Experience with design for manufacturing, design to cost, and design to requirements
* Understanding of fundamental mechanical engineering principles and batteries
* Knowledgeable about the properties of common materials such as metals, plastics, and composites
* CAD design experience using SolidWorks
* Ability to perform stress analysis using classical mechanics and FEA
* Ability to perform conjugate heat transfer thermal analysis using classical thermal mechanics and FEA
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
If you are interested in this Mechanical Engineer job in Logan, UT, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.