Belcan Government Services has an immediate opportunity as a Technical Artificial Intelligence (AI) SETA located in Arlington, VA! This position is a full-time direct position with benefits. Duties: You will function as Scientific, Engineering, and Technical Assistance (SETA) support focused upon AI research programs. You will be tasked to provide a range of support to Government Program Managers for ongoing Research and Development (R&D) programs. Travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
•Technology and research management of programs involving basic and applied artificial intelligence research and its wide applications, including areas such as perception and reasoning, machine learning, adversarial machine learning, human-machine collaboration, autonomy, autonomous systems, semi-autonomous systems, robust communications, and detection/identification/neutralization of cyber threats at scale
•Make significant contributions across a range of technical areas by identifying and monitoring ongoing AI research developments, methodologies, advancements, and technologies for current and new program development
•Programs supported may include advanced autonomy for ground, maritime, air and space systems performing tasks in an integrated and collaborative manner across wide mission domains; including model-based approaches to autonomy, swarming, counter-swarm, multi-platform coordination, and multi-modal human-machine interaction optimized for human physiology •Provide in-depth expertise in the assessments of proposals to determine the technical merit of proposal objectives and methodologies
•Develop test plans for assessment of program performers' systems and, when required/appropriate, coordinate with program performers throughout the testing of programs to ensure ranges, testing, and systems meet the test plan requirements
•Provide a resource and means of information support for proposals to determine the technical merit of proposal objectives and methodologies
•Use information analysis expertise to identify, develop, and support methodologies for current and new program development Qualifications: Clearance:
• This position requires a Secret security clearance at minimum
• A strong background in computer science, cognitive science, or mathematics
• Detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy above all else
• Strong organization and communication skills, particularly in technical writing and briefing preparations
• Experience interfacing with operational personnel and senior government officials to understand operational requirements and articulate program goals
• FTE – 100%, On Site.
• B.S. degree or higher, computer science, engineering, information, or mathematics related field
• Background in machine learning, natural language processing, linguistics, and/or natural language understanding
• Experience with developing innovative technologies at a rapid pace in response to emerging threats
• Experience with Bayesian networks, classifiers, causal models, cognitive computing, human-machine interaction, symbolic logic, deep learning, Markov processes, neural networks, deep neural networks, computer vision, probabilistic models, probabilistic methods, and/or explanatory models
If you are interested in this Technical Artificial Intelligence (AI) SETA position in Arlington, VA please apply via the "Apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Government Services, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader