Belcan Government Services has an immediate opportunity for a Scientist - Genome Editing and Infectious Disease - located in Arlington, D.C.! This position is a full-time direct position with benefits.
The candidate will provide scientific, engineering, and technical assistance (SETA) on topics relevant to Neuroscience.
We are looking for candidates with experience in behavioral and molecular neuroscience, neurobiology, neurophysiology, neurotechnology and bioinformatics research. Lab experience in desired and experience managing Government funded R&D is strongly preferred. This experience could include providing continuous support for program development and oversight including managing solicitations such as Broad Agency Announcements (BAA) or RFPs, drafting technical documentation in support of program goals and outcomes, evaluating technical and cost proposals for compliance with solicitation and in consideration of novel approaches that move technology beyond the state of the art, developing program strategies (metrics, milestones, and goals), managing SBIR/ STTRs, and in crafting compelling, concise briefs to communicate the science to a variety of audiences.
• This position requires a Secret security clearance.
• R&D experience on Neuroscience or Neurotechnology related projects.
• Excellent organization, communication, and coordination skills are required.
• Active security clearance required to allow unsupervised entrance and work within the DARPA facility.
• Occasional travel of up to week's duration away from DARPA HQ, Arlington, VA, may be required.
• The candidate should possess a Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Neurobiology, or biomedical engineering/biotechnology with significant coursework and experience in Neuroscience. A combination of neuroscience and biotechnology is preferred.
• Previous experience in providing direct scientific and technical support to a DARPA Program Manager or translational experience is also highly desirable.
• Knowledge and expertise relevant to regulatory pathways for Neurotechnologies.
If you are interested in this Scientist position in Washington, DC please apply via the, "Apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Government Services, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader