Belcan Government Services has an immediate opportunity for a Scientist - Neurotechnology - located in Washington, DC! This position is a full-time direct position with benefits.
The candidate will provide scientific, engineering, and technical assistance (SETA) on topics relevant to Neurotechnology programs.
The SETA candidates will work on a PM lead team to support the execution of existing neurotechnology programs as well as the ideation and source selection for new efforts. Applicants will be required to work closely with the PM as well as other technical support staff with expertise in neural interfaces and synthetic biology. Ideal candidates will have experience in one or more of the following technical areas: machine learning, computer science, hardware engineering, and Physics. Candidates should have strong technical writing skills, ability to communicate complex scientific ideas to broad audiences, rapid ability to learn new technical areas, and demonstrate a willingness and ability to critically explore and evaluate emerging technology.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
One or more of the following:
- 1) Machine learning/computational neuroscience with expertise in neural networks, artificial intelligence and able to advise and evaluate various AI approaches that are in line with the 2nd wave and 3rd wave initiatives within DARPA. Experience in the development and use of AI algorithms, architectures, implementation and instantiation on hardware devices as well as required computational architectures is also preferred.
- 2) Computer Scientist/embedded systems with experience with software architectures including agent oriented architectures, interface frameworks and application programming interface development and use. Expertise in working with developer and user communities in defining, building and implementing interface frameworks is preferred.
- 3) Hardware engineer with experience in the design and custom development medical devices as well as low power CMOS devices, power coupling, and data I/O requirements. Experience with biomedical/neuro hardware FDA approvals for human use is preferred.
- 4) Engineer/Physicist with proficient understanding in the use of magnetics, optics, ultrasound and electric fields for biomedical applications and neuron interaction. Additionally, proficient understanding the application of information theory in neuroscience applications.
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain a security clearance sufficient to allow unsupervised entrance and work within the DARPA facility.
- Excellent organization, communication, and coordination skills are required.
- Must be able to handle a wide variety of tasks, such as briefing support and general administrative actions.
• The candidate should possess a Ph.D. in a field relevant to the skill sets mentioned above with the breadth of expertise to assess technologies across a broad range of applications.
If you are interested in this Scientist position in Washington, DC please apply via the, "Apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Government Services, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader